At Mulvey Heating we strive to make sure you get the facts straight.
On this page we've listed some interesting information snippets from the world of Heating and Plumbing.
There are also links to download PDF Information Guides
If you would like more information on anything you read here use our enquiry form to Contact us.
Listing 4 file(s)
Did you know?
- By replacing your old boiler with a modern, A rated condensing unit, you can save up to 30% on the cost of heating your home.
- A thermostat turns the boiler and heating circulation pump off when the temperature in this area has reached the desired level. Modern thermostats allow different temperatures to be set at different times of the day.
- An uninsulated hot water tank will lose lots of heat. A simple jacket that wraps around the tank solves this problem. If we are working in your home we will fit a new cylinder jacket for only 10 euros!
- Solar panels can provide approx 50% of a homes hot water for free roughly from when the clocks go forward in the spring to when they return to winter time
- Multi fuel stoves look just like log stoves with glass doors etc. but can burn any fuel, from turf to coal, etc. They have an efficiency of approximately 70% which means that we obtain the same amount of heat as before but use only 1/3 of the fuel!
- The average open fire has an efficiency of only 25%
- Wood Pellet Stoves are attractive to look at and burn what is a carbon neutral fuel, made from waste sawdust. They are often used instead of a fireplace and can be fully automated with most linked to a time-clock and room thermostat.
- Natural Gas Glass Fronted Convector appliances give a significant reduction in CO2 emissions and can operate with an efficiency of approximately 70%
- An energy rating for your building is like a km/litre figure for your car, the better your rating the more energy efficient and sustainable you are
- 50% of Ireland's CO2 emmissions come from the energy used to provide heating, hot water and light & power in our buildings
* These facts are provided for information only and will not form the basis for any contractual obligation